The Heavenly: Iceland Workshop is suitable for all levels of photographers seeking a photographic adventure in one of the world’s most exciting locations on earth. This is an incredible tour and workshop with experienced instructors and award winning photographers, Dany Eid and Daniel Cheong.
During the workshop you experience the most fascinating locations in Iceland. Our goal is not only showing you the island but focusing on the educational part by enhancing your landscape photography skills. We will coach you during the trip and give you many tips and teach you different techniques. We will help you to understand your gear, preparation, how toscout the location, pre-visual the image, understanding composition, chase the light, dealing with filters and many other techniques including post productions.
What we teach?
• Gear & equipment
• Art of Composition
• Chasing the Light
• Colors wheel & white balance
• Long exposure
• How to use the filters
• How to shoot Aurora & Night photography
• Vertical & Multi-raw panorama
• Stacking focus
• Camera Settings for Digital Blending
• Examples of single exposures v/s Digital Blended exposures Camera RAW Image Pre-Processing: how to develop the RAW
• Files before Digital Blending
• Layer Masking Basics & Light Painting
• Multiple Exposure Digital Blending & Single Exposure Digital Blending
• Use of Third Party Filters (Nik)
• Vertical Panorama with use of Auto-align & Auto pano
• Optical Distortion Correction
• Use of Blend Modes to combine light trails, fireworks, add milky way in the sky
• Creating HDR image with Nik HDR Efex Pro (Windows/Mac) & Oloneo PhotoEngine (Windows only)
• Correcting HDR defects (exposure, ghosting) with Digital Blending
Fees & itinerary: to be sent to interested candidates upon request. firstname.lastname@example.org